Monday, June 28, 2010

birthday patchwork...


Sorry for the delay in posting, but this week is VERY chaotic. It's the girls' last week at school, and it's packed with sports days, swimming galas, picnics and lots of things in between. I am therefore a very busy mummy trying to split myself across two classes (very unsuccessfully according to Pickle)!

And, of course, I have to keep up with my social life!  Today, it was a friend's birthday, so we had a birthday lunch, and the birthday girl opened her pressies.  Now, I've been threatening meaning to do some patchwork for ages, and I finally got around to making something, albeit small.  She's a particular fan of green, so I used a very pretty floral print which I've had for ages, and a beautiful soft vintage green material that started off as the lining from a pair of curtains, circa 1930.

I'm building myself up to the coasters in this book, so this was a nice little project to get me started.  And whilst it was a little fiddly 'squaring up' the fabric and working with such small seam allowances, I ended up with the seams meeting up, so I'm definitely encouraged to try my hand at something else.

Wishing you a lovely week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment