Wednesday, June 16, 2010

birthday madness part one...


Once again, apologies for my absence, but I have been busy, busy, busy. 

First things first - The French Stall.  Ambience lovely, food delicious - and everyone was served at the same time - reasonably priced, great company.  All in all, a fabulous time was had by all.  The only downside was the loo.  I don't like squatting loos at the best of times, but I'd been for a run in the morning so it REALLY hurt my legs (as well as my sensibilities)!  Anyway, will definitely go there again.

Next up, it's Pickle's 9th birthday on Sunday.  The forthcoming weekend promises sleepovers, craft parties, more panda paraphenalia than you can imagine, and lots more besides.  So this week I shall be busy baking.  So far, the smartie cookie dough is ready, fairy cake decorations planned, cake design selected - 'bedazzled fairy cake mountain'  (see page 88 of this book).  Now traditionally, my mother makes the girls' birthday cakes, but of course that was before we moved here, so I am very much keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to deliver the goodies.  I have at least managed to track down a stash of sweeties to decorate it with, although I can't find any dolly mixtures....


I've also been busy making bunting, both fabric & paper, the latter inspired by Shim + Sons (thank you).  Pandas being the birthday girl's favourite animal, the colour scheme is black, white & red (she's finally outgrown pinks/purples).  I seem to have a lot of red fabric stashed away, but very little black, so I think an emergency dash to Spotlight might be in order.

And, as if that wasn't enough, I'm doing a photography course, run by my girlfriend, Kate, over at Little Ones Photography.  (She complimented my photograph at the top, which is why I've included it!) So, my head is now full of shutter speeds, f-stops, depth of field etc etc......Last night, I was flicking through a magazine and found myself looking at one particular photograph from a photographer's point of view!!  But I think some of it is starting to make sense.  Yesterday afternoon, I took photos of the girls' inline skating class and the pictures definitely seemed sharper.  Even Mr W was impressed.  All I need to do now is get myself a bigger memory card - 64 photos don't go very far!

Will try to pop by on Friday, but can't promise anything.  If I don't, it's because I'm baking up a storm in the kitchen whilst listening to Woman's Hour (I am SO my mother's daughter!).

Have a lovely week x

PS I see someone from England has visited my blog - hello, and thank you, hope to see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment