Friday, June 25, 2010

and when it rains, it pours...


This morning, it rained so much, that by the time we got to school, Pickle needed a change of clothing,


and by the time I left (some 30 minutes later), the water was more than ankle deep.  I had to take my shoes off and wade through the water.


It reminded me of three summers ago back home, when we had terrible floods at home and narrowly avoided water coming into our house.  Thankfully it's stopped now.  Having only just arrived in Singapore, I don't know how normal or not this is, although my understanding is that it is unusual.  And of course it's coming hot on the heels of the floods in Orchard Rd last week.  In any event, I think we need to step up to the mark and consider the impact our actions are having on our environment.

Lecture over (eek) - wishing you a happy weekend xx


No comments:

Post a Comment