Monday, September 13, 2010

settling back in...

olympic flags

Since we've been back in Singapore, we've been throwing ourselves into life here, mainly in an effort to make sure that we consider here to be our home from home.  And I'm delighted to say, I think it's worked.  I am definitely much more settled than I have been, and even Pickle announced the other day that she thinks she's feeling more comfortable and can't believe it's been 8 months!  Needless to say, we all breathed huge sighs of relief, especially Mr W.

The girls and I watched Europe 1's mixed relay team win gold at the Inaugural Youth Olympics Triathlon, which was very exciting...


We've been to Universal, taking the girls on their last day of the school holidays.  It was amazingly well done, from the huge castle in Far Far Away land (Shrek), to the delicious snacks enjoyed with morning coffee...


We had a brilliant time, starting the excitement off by travelling on the monorail, which Betsy just loves (we still haven't been on the pink one though, much to her annoyance).  It must, however be said that the girls are not as brave as we perhaps thought - can't think where they get that from!  This did however, work in our favour, as it meant that Mr W and I could go on some of the rides as 'single riders' thereby cutting out about 4 hours of queuing.

We've also taken up waterskiing.  Now, firstly, I must point out that when I say we, I really mean Mr W and Pickle - well, someone's got to take the photos, haven't they?! Twice now, we've been down to Harrys at 360, on the East Coast, which is only a short walk from where we live.  Huge amounts of fun have been had, and it is, apparently, quite difficult to go round corners...!


Wishing you a lovely week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment