Wednesday, September 22, 2010

birthday bleatings...


So, today is my birthday.  On Monday I was feeling a bit homesick at the thought of being so far from home today, but yesterday I felt a bit better and today I think, on balance, that I've enjoyed myself.  I had decided I was going to save my pressies until this afternoon, but the girls struggled with this idea, Betsy especially, so I've opened all but one.  And my favourite - a pretty key on a beautiful keyring.  One of the things I miss about living here is the absence of pretty things, and this really made me smile.  I'll take a picture of it and post it on Friday.

I've just collected the girls from school, so we've had fairy cakes and milkshakes (or tea, depending on who you are).  Now we're just trying to squeeze in some homework before we go out for supper - to the Italian restaurant near us that previously greeted us with "au revoir" as we arrived (I kid you not)!!!

See you Friday xx

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, perhaps in years to come you'll remember it as a special birthday far from home rather than a homesick one. Cake is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, what a beautiful blog.. Happy Birthday to you! xx

    ReplyDelete