Wednesday, September 29, 2010

it's a fishy business...


So, Mr W's little sister arrived fresh from England with the news that Grazia swears by the latest health craze - fish spas.  Emboldened by this piece of information, we went in search of such a suitable spa, and found one here.

Now, I'm not terribly brave, but Nooms is even worse.  Having managed not to bolt at the door, we paid our money, had our feet washed and, with a HUGE intake of breath, found the tank with the smallest fish in (about 3/4cms long, definitely NOT 5cms and more!).  We then sat for a minute or so with our feet dangling above the water, all the fish at the surface - eerrgh - and looked.  And I'm delighted to report that, after A LOT of screaming and splashing of water on our part, I managed to put my feet in for about 10 minutes.  Nooms, alas, never managed much further than dipping her big toe in - apparently seeing them covering my feet filled her with horror!

Initially, I couldn't bear to look, which rendered all my photographs rubbish, but eventually I managed it...

The sensation is very odd, a little like putting your feet in a fizzy drink, and after about 10 minutes, I'd had more than enough.  The end result however, is very smooth feet.  I'm not saying that I'd do it again, but there again...

Happy Wednesday x

No comments:

Post a Comment