Monday, May 10, 2010

weekend fun...



So, Family Day was lovely.  Pretty much all the teachers were there.  The girls had their nails painted, hair braided, henna tattoos applied, and then bounced until very sticky on the bouncy castle!

Yesterday was Mothers' Day here, so I had lots of lovely cards to open.  I shall put these up in the workroom, which is still very much a work in progress.  In fact, I daren't show you any the pictures - it looks worse than it did 3 weeks ago!

Both the girls have just taken up inline skating, so they are now the proud owners of their very own skates and pads.  Needless to say, Betsy's are pink, whilst Pickle opted for the slightly more sophisticated blue.  They seem to be doing remarkably well, probably partly because we have done a lot of ice skating since we arrived, which I guess must help with their sense of balance.  I have to say, I'm very pleased.  Whilst I think that Betsy might have been interested back home, I don't imagine Pickle would have been - it's amazing how much more of an outdoor and active lifestyle we lead here.

Hope you all have a good week x

No comments:

Post a Comment