Monday, May 31, 2010

visitors & birthdays...




Please excuse my absence last week.  It was due to a number of factors.  Firstly, entertaining Mr W's parents requires a surprising amount of time spent food shopping, cooking deliciousness and generally keeping house.  Secondly, I don't have a well stocked photo library with which I can adorn my blog at the drop of  hat (something I need to work on).  And lastly, I'm still somewhat challenged in the blogging department and find tinkering takes A LOT longer than it should and almost always ends in a complete disaster!  It remains a complete mystery to me as to how I managed to put a book cover image in the side bar...so I've decided just to stick to a plain old list from now on!

Anyway, we've had a lovely week with my in laws.  We've been to China Town (still one of my favourite places), the Night Safari, the Zoo (Pickle was braver than me)...


swum lots, enjoyed Sunday Brunch (at Checkers Brasserie at the Hilton), and many other things in between.

Mr W's birthday was at the weekend, for which Pickle baked the most delicious cake, complete with glitter of course.  And we popped to Raffles for a Singapore Sling (or mojito in my case)


Tonight, we're meant to be having a bbq, although I'm not entirely convinced we'll be eating outside as it seems to be raining at the moment.  But to be honest, I don't mind either way, as the main thing is it's being cooked by my mother in law, so I don't have to lift a finger - happy days!

Wishing you a lovely week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment