Thursday, January 20, 2011

a day out...

 

Yesterday, I went on a jolly jape with my friend Mrs F who, having lived here for more than 3 years, has a better idea of where to go and what to do than I do. She took me to Holland Village where I bought this cheongsam dress for Betsy.  I particularly like the combination of the pretty Englishness of the floral, and the traditional Chinese detail...


After that, we went to Serenity Cove where I had some foot reflexology.  I've only had this treatment once before, but I actually quite enjoyed it, and didn't think it was too expensive at $22 for half an hour, so I think I might treat myself again some time.  You can find the address and telephone number here.

I had intended to buy an embroidery foot for my sewing machine, having been inspired by this program, but unfortunately I ran out of time, so that little bit of creativity will have to wait for another time. This does however mean that I will be able to finish Baby Annabel's birthday present - Betsy announced that she was 3 on Tuesday (even though, as Pickle pointed out, she last celebrated sometime in August), so I'm knitting her a bag and maybe even some bunting for her bed in time for her party this weekend!! Oh what it is to have the imagination of a 7 year old!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment