Thursday, February 18, 2010

Half term fun - part one



Sorry I've been away so long. It's just that the girls are on half term hols, and Mr W has also taken the week off, so I'm finding it hard to find time to fit everything in. Not to mention that I'm still floundering a little with blog technology, being the novice that I am, so everything takes a lot longer than I suspect (and hope) it should!

So, where to start. On the home front, things are starting to look much more civilised. All the boxes have now been unpacked, several things have been sent off to be recycled elsewhere and Mr W has put up some pictures so it really is starting to feel like our home, although I still can't quite believe that we actually live in Singapore. This time last year, the possibility hadn't even crossed my radar, but I digress.

We've managed to pack lots of interesting things into our week off as well as unpacking. Obviously, there's been lots of swimming for everyone, in fact there's still a mad dash to see who can be first in. We've also had more ice skating, cycle rides along the East Coast (the view's not quite like Salcombe)...



yummy meals out...



a trip to Wild Wild Wet at Downtown East. No pictures I'm afraid, because we were all too wet, but brilliant fun, definitely worth a visit.

And we continue to enjoy the Chinese New Year celebrations. We went out for supper at The Esplanade, where we had wonderful views from the city...



up to the Singapore Flyer...


followed by a trip to the floating platform that is River Hongboa...


that seemed to go from the sublime...




to the ridiculous...


and just got better...


and better (this one's a sugar lamp made out of several kilograms of sugar)


and more...



and more colourful...




I think I'll tell you all about our trip to the the Night Safari on Monday, so until then, have a wonderful weekend. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment