Friday, April 1, 2011

singapore street life: lau pa sat


When I was doing my course a week or so ago, I would get off the bus at Raffles Link, pretty much in the heart of the city and work my way through to Club Street, at the back of Chinatown.  And every single time, I would walk through Lau Pa Sat hawker centre.

Now, I'm not a big fan of hawker centres, mainly because I'm such a woose in the food department (and then I wonder who Betsy takes after) but this one is BEAUTIFUL.  So, on my last day I went to my course laden down with all my files and my camera, because I just couldn't resist.  These photos were taken at about 9 o'clock in the morning, so well before the rush of office workers come in for lunch, but I just love the detail of this Victorian building.  And the fact that it's surrounded by some of Singapore's tallest, glossiest, most modern buildings makes it all the more surprising.

Happy weekend xo

PS I know I'm posting this late as far as Singapore time is concerned, but I have no guilt or terror or deep set panic - I think the wise words of this blog just might be paying off!

No comments:

Post a Comment