Wednesday, October 27, 2010

borneo part two...


Day 3 was, for me, a little disappointing.  Firstly, we went to try to see the semi wild orangutans, where we saw the mother and daughter above.  Unfortunately, we didn't see any others, which was a real shame.  It did also make me realise quite how lucky we are having Singapore Zoo on our doorstep.

After that, we went to see the crocodiles.  Now, I've never been especially bothered by crocodiles either way but, after seeing them in Borneo, I can honestly say that I absolutely definitely loath and detest them.  Seeing quite so many of them simultaneously filled me with dread, so much so, that Betsy and I spent the vast majority of our time in the cafe studiously ignoring them, whilst Pickle and Mr W explored a little more!

Day 4 was infinitely better.  We went to the Cultural Village in Damai, where we saw lots of traditional buildings, crafts and dances - much more up my street...




See you on Friday for my final Borneo instalment x

No comments:

Post a Comment