Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Desperately seeking flowers...


I saw this today in the supermarket and thought it would be perfect for our guest room. Ever since we moved to our apartment, I've been in a bit of a quandary over what to do about fresh flowers. Back home I used to have them in the kitchen all the time, but here there doesn't seem to be the same sort of choice. I'm obviously missing daffodils and hyacinths, and although you can buy the latter here, I'm sure they'd wilt pretty quickly in this heat (a bit like me)! I think what I'd really like to do is have a potted orchid for our dining table, but I've only really managed to find large pots, so whilst we have some beautiful orchids on our balcony...



there's still nothing on our table. Anyhow, we have our first UK visitors coming over next week - my parents are coming, hurray - so I thought these would brighten up the guest room for them...



And as they're not real, I don't need to worry about them attracting any bugs!

Have a good week everyone xx

No comments:

Post a Comment